Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Being healthy doesn’t mean you never eat dessert or you have to give up all the things you love. It’s all about balance. For the days you do have a sweet tooth, we recommend trying to find recipes with healthy alternative ingredients. After all, we are what we eat and we might as well be conscious about what goes into our bodies.
Since this chocolate chip cookie recipe is a Transform CrossFit favorite (gone within minutes at every event), we thought we would publish it on the blog so you have a fun stay-at-home baking activity with your family. We can’t take credit for the original recipe however, we have given it our own Transform twist here and there.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 mini cup of chocolate chips (we recommend Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place almond, flour, coconut flour, gelatin, baking soda, and sea salt in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together.
3. Whisk butter, honey, and vanilla in a large measuring cup or bowl.
3. Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture until dough forms (don’t over-stir).
4. Stir in chocolate chips (if your dough is overly warm, you can let it cool to room temp before adding chocolate chips to prevent melting).
5. Scoop the dough and place a dough ball onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (I prefer not to roll mine into a perfect circle to allow for a different texture).
6. Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until just golden brown on the edges. Cool for 5-10 minutes (if you don't they will easily fall apart).
7. Enjoy with a nice glass of whole milk!
Try it out and let us know what you think. Feel free to leave a batch in our front office. 😉