Now that your circadian rhythms are in sync, your next nutrition tip is on digestion!
Your lifestyle and your choice of food affect the way your body digests what you eat. Drinking water, adding fiber, and exercising all contribute to enhanced digestive health.
Here are some important tips you need to know about digestion:
- Add fiber to your diet, it will help stimulate and move food through your digestive tract.
- Fatty foods slow down the digestive process. Choose lean meats and protein sources such as skinless chicken, pork loin, and flank steak.
- Incorporate probiotics into your diet. Probiotics enhance nutrient absorption, break down lactose and strengthen your immune system.
- Eat on a consistent schedule. You should aim to sit down for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and plan your snacks around the same time each day.
- Stay hydrated. Fiber pulls water into the colon to help create softer, bulkier stools.
- Exercise helps keep foods moving through your digestive system and consequentially reduces constipation.
When it comes to nutrition, there is never a “one size fits all” answer. Whether you’re looking to lose fat, gain muscle, feel more energized, or crush a new fitness goal…nutrition plays a large role in your success. Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help Transform your health.