Tips & Tricks to Healthy Eating
Last but not least, nutrition tip number fives focuses on the pearls of healthy eating. While the key to healthy living is a healthy diet, daily exercise is equally as important.
As you may have experienced, this is an extremely confusing topic to navigate and it’s often overwhelming to know where to start!
Here are some tips to get you headed in the right direction:
- There is no such thing as a PERFECT diet! The best diet is the one that works for you and allows you to maintain it long-term. Remember, there is no quick fix or overnight success when it comes to obtaining realistic health and nutrition outcomes.
- SUGAR. When sugar is added to food it tacks on empty calories which contribute to various forms of disease that kill millions of individuals each year!
- Vegetables are beneficial and rich in various forms of nutrients our body needs including potassium, folate, vitamin A and vitamin C. Eating vegetables improves digestion, energy and allows us to get the vitamins we need! Get creative and try to incorporate more vegetables in your meals.
- Vitamin D is a crucial hormone in the body that we get from exposure to the sun. Many people are deficient in this depending on where they live and especially in the Pacific Northwest. Recognizing the vitamins your body lacks and reversing a deficiency can have powerful health benefits.
- Refined carbohydrates like processed grains are unhealthy and slow digestion. They lack proper nutrients and consumption leads to rapid spikes in blood sugar and insulin.
- Supplements are beneficial in moderation, however, it’s much more important to eat real nutritious food than to rely on them for the nutrients your body needs.
- Adopting a healthy lifestyle is the only way to ensure long-term weight loss and a lifetime of improved health.
As always, we are here to help tailor your health and nutrition. Our goal is to Transform your health and enhance your quality of life.